Wally Knott on saw and his partner Red Meyers at Meades Creek Oct. 1945 by W.H.Gold PhotoMOFM Logo  
 
 
    Home| Maps
 

Nixon Creek Area (Camp 6)

This area of the Cowichan Valley had logging operations as early as 1902. The 1930's saw operations expand throughout the area. This map shows the layout of the logging railway and some of the features along the line, especially the location of spar trees for logging the West Fork. Many of the old grades are ideal for exploring today and some of the trestles are intact. The inset map shows the Nixon Creek area in perspective to the rest of Cowichan Lake. In the 30's there were no roads past Youbou. All equipment needed for logging operations had to be barged in from either Youbou or Lake Cowichan. Click the image to enlarge it.
Nixon Creek (Camp 6)